What is WannaCry Ransomware?
A new ransomware attack called ‘Wanna’ (also known as WannaCry, WCry, WanaCrypt, WanaCrypt0r, or Wanna Decrypt0r) is encrypting files and changing the extensions to: .wnry, .wcry, .wncry and .wncrypt. Once your files are encrypted, they are unusable without the decryption key. This has caused thousands of users in hundreds of countries to permanently lose some or all of their computer files.
How Do I Stay Protected?
1. Update all Windows environments as described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.
2. Whitelist any kill switch domains related to this attack.
3. Update your endpoint software to ensure you have the latest protections for this threat.
4. Ensure you are running advanced behaviour analysis and ransomware protection.
5. Home users, consider asking a trusted professional. We recommend TechConnect. (260) 245-3489
6. Business users, consider asking a trusted professional. We recommend Fort Wayne IT Solutions. (260) 494-3389